Monday, February 6, 2012

ADE 634: Assignment 2


  • What have you learned with creating your PLN that you wish that someone had told you before and what tips do you have to share?
  • What do you hope to learn more about with respect to your PLN in the coming weeks?
  • What connections can you make with the two challenges?
While creating my PLN the one thing I with someone had told me earlier is that there is an immense pool of professional information out there.  It is relieving to know that there are people like me all over the world, who seek to collaborate and who seek to find a way to use their time more effectively.  Instead of having everybody working on their own ideas and trying to reinvent the wheel in education, time can be saved and better ideas can come up when colleagues collaborate.  Hence the idea that two heads are better than one right?  And when those two minds are multiplied by the Nth power the possibilities are endless.

What I would like to do during the following weeks is to put my PLN into practice.  I wish to learn how to be information literate and be able to make good judgment on the information I read and the time I dedicate in order for it to be productive.  I hope to bookmark interesting people, blogs and sites in order to go back to them often.  I am still quite skeptical on how MY blogging or tweeting could benefit anyone at this point but I will keep an open mind so I can learn as much from this experience as I possibly can.

The connection?  There is a great gap between people who know what a PLN is and utilize it and the amount of information available on the net.  As the use of technology increases, information literacy is a must to keep our students (and ourselves) on task, and make the most of our educational-learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment